Day 27!! Santa Cruz
The day started out like any average day here in The Galapagos, with the clouds covering the sky and Tony the Hotel Cat prowling amongst the tables for his prey of small bugs and roaches. Six of us sat down for a modest breakfast of eggs, bread, fruit, and yogurt we discussed our big plans for the day and decided to hurry on down to the local grocery store to rustle up some grub for our day at the beach. We decided on chips and granola as well as some leftover slim Jims, my mother had me pack and I needed gone in order to conserve space in my suitcase. As the group searched the snack aisles high and low for suitable snacks, I meandered my way upstairs as I was looking at all the interesting trinkets I could buy, I stumbled Upon a Gold mine of beach toys. Ella and I decided to buy a float and a beach ball. Little did we know the true awesomeness of what we purchased for a measly 6 dollars. Our Expedition stocked with new goodies and trinkets headed back up to the hotel to await our bus which would be transporting us the 30 minutes to El Garrapatero. After a slightly nauseating bus ride we finally arrived. Now our expedition faced a new challenge the 15 minute walk to the beach where we would face numerous lizards and the occasional dreaded Galapagos Dove... who in reality just hopped off the trail as we passed by after Dr. M. and I counted all the male and female lava lizards we passed by we had finally made it onto the beach where our bold group claimed the only shade tree on the beach. After setting up camp Ella and I blew up our tubes and headed for the water. We had to be careful as we picked our way through the rock infested waters. I was not careful enough and sported a nasty gash on my leg to match the one Dylan had gotten just a few days earlier. After some much needed relaxation we all came back and took a nap and a snack break amongst the shade. Once our expedition team was well and rested, we trekked back through the trees to the bus and headed back to the hotel where we took some quite chilly showers and rested for our big plans. Those big plans just happened to be last minute gift shopping and then heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. our little expedition (minus Dr. M and Di who were enjoying Dr. M's Birthday with one of his friends) headed off on a water taxi to The Eloise it was gorgeous and delicious as well after dinner we were stuffed full so we headed right back to the hotel to rest our heads before our early morning tomorrow.
Happy Birthday Dr. M.!!! Your favorite Explorers
-Signing off, Kendall BettyAnn Filer
Comments
Post a Comment